Some children need tutoring to supplement their learning in class, and all children can benefit from additional time spent working on key areas of their learning, whether they be areas of weakness or strength. Unfortunately, face-to-face tutors can quickly become expensive and have limited availability. SBS Online offers an affordable semester-long tutoring option for families that provides a dedicated teacher to guide your child's tutoring program and gives your child the opportunity to work on their areas of need on their own time.
- We will discuss with you your child’s academic needs in any of the following: mathematics, vocabulary, reading, grammar, writing, science, and social studies.
- We can serve children who need remediation, enrichment, or more challenging experiences.
- Your child will be assigned to a semester-long tutoring course with a qualified SBS teacher.
- The teacher will assign your child modules to complete that are designed to help them build the content-area skills they need to become more successful in the classroom. Your child can complete these modules at their own pace. During and at the end of each module, the teacher will assess your child’s performance and use that information to assign new modules or modify the existing module.
- The teacher will keep regularly scheduled "office hours" to talk with you and your child by phone, email, or web chat.
- At the end of the semester, you will receive a report on your child’s progress towards meeting their academic goals.