In New Orleans, when people ask what school you went to, they are not asking about your college! Beyond that, the increasingly competive nature of college admissions means that your child being successful in a top notch high school is more important today than ever before. SBS Online is ready to help your child with areas of weakness and build on their areas of strength to ensure that they are primed for high school.
- High School Readiness work is completed similar to individualized tutoring, but with a focus on those key skills they will need in order to have a “leg up” on their classmates when school begins and on those all-important high school placement tests.
- Your child will be assigned to a semester-long readiness course taught by a qualified SBS teacher in any of the following content areas: mathematics, vocabulary, reading, grammar, writing, science, and social studies.
- The teacher will assign your child modules to complete that are designed to help them build the content-area skills they need. Your child can complete these modules at their own pace. During and at the end of each module, the teacher will assess your child’s performance and use that information to assign new modules or modify existing assignments.
- The teacher will keep regularly scheduled "office hours" to talk with you and your child by phone, email, or web chat.
- At the end of the semester, you will receive a report on your child’s progress towards meeting their high school readiness goals.